Saturday, 16 May 2009

Welcome Back, Me

So after an almost year-long hiatus, I decided to write something. I don't know why I chose this particular timing, given that I'm already behind on my schoolwork and my multiple research projects. Who are we kidding? It's exactly for that reason that I renewed my acquaintance with the personal-expression-forum-turned-procrastination-tool. That having been said, I did miss it. I missed non-academic writing almost as much as I missed reading fiction instead of articles on power-sharing or analysis of intergroup behavior. So, despite having negative time on my hands, I'm hoping to start writing about my routine observations on a regular basis.

It kind of worries me that I have reached such a high level of ennui in projects - graded or otherwise - related to my MA, given that I haven't even begun working on my masters' thesis yet. I'm hoping that the lethargy is simply a result of feeling overwhelmed and that if I force myself to attack one assignment at a time, I will eventually sense the light at the end of the tunnel and feel a boost of interest once again.

Clearly, I'm not following through on this hope just yet, given that I am currently blogging instead of slogging through research on justice in negotiations or grading papers for Intro to IR. But perhaps venting a little bit to myself in written form, by getting those create juices flowing, will also generate some motivation to be productive. At the very least, I'm sure it will allow me to justify my procrastination to myself since blogging is certainly more productive than reading fmylife.com.

No comments: