Wednesday, 19 March 2008

By way of intro: A gorgeous mess

A gorgeous mess. That's the way that I want to view life. The definition manifests the New Year's resolution I make twice every calendar year (January 1 and Rosh Hashanah) - to remain optimistic, to look at the bright side, to find something positive in every day, even when it seems like a 24-hour catastrophe.

Although it seems trite, I think it's important to find beauty in quotidian chaos, particularly when there appears to be no method to the mess. That's easier said than done, of course. It occasionally takes a concentrated effort to kick ourselves into the realm of perspective, to grit our teeth into a smile until we find one good thing amidst a jumble of mistakes and frustration. On a cerebral level, we tend to know that we're above-average blessed, but still, we sometimes need an active reminder in order to start counting.

On a personal level, I'm hoping this blog is it.

No comments: