It's interesting that less than twelve hours after I expressed skepticism at the salience of comparisons at the individual level, I was introduced to my friend's new blog. What exactly do I find most interesting about it? It's that without knowing about my blog, she had named her blog That Beautiful Mess. And while the content of her first post expresses an approach to traveling that differs vastly from my own, it certainly does underscore the similarities of our move (undertaken in the same group) to Israel. And, more fundamentally, it highlights the worldview, encapsulated in an impulsive feeling of chaotic joy, that life is messy, yet gorgeous. I've made that point before, once or twice.
Yes, this coincidence is merely anecdote. But its timing is humbling enough to make me at least prod at my views about the utility of sharing the personal experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment