Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Science: Enabling the Breakfast of Champions


It turns out that I can go ahead and use my Starbucks gold card without nary a twinge of misgiving. According to this video, caffeine addictions are actually awesome in many diverse ways and have basically no downside.

In similarly good news, in which science confirms the merits of seemingly bad lifestyle habits that I 'd like to continue embracing, it turns out that cake at breakfast can help with weight loss.

Unlike the coffee video, the news about potential chocolate cake diets was posted by Tel Aviv University scientists rather than by a time management consultant and is thus, surely, scientifically rigorous. Although, to be fair, C.G.P. Grey's coffee video was very well sourced, so I'm going to go ahead and accept it at face value, as well.

I am nothing if not data-driven.

["Editor's" note: Don't be afraid of the methodological terminology of the last hyperlink. It is indisputably the best one in this post. Click on it.]

No comments: